Keeping your armpits clean and odor-free can be a challenge. Sweat and bacteria buildup under your arms can cause unpleasant body odor. While antiperspirants and deodorants provide temporary relief, sometimes your armpits need a deeper cleaning. Detoxing your underarms helps remove impurities, clears clogged pores, removes dead skin cells, and leaves your armpits fresh.
Benefits of Underarm Detox
- Reduces odor: Removes bacteria and sweat buildup that causes odor
- Unclogs pores: Clears away impurities to allow pores to breathe
- Exfoliates: Sloughs off dead skin cells and allows new cell turnover
- Softens skin: Leaves underarms smooth and soft
What You Need
- Baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Coconut oil
- Mix 1 tbsp each of baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice to form a paste.
- With a cotton pad or wash cloth, apply the mixture to your underarms. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil to moisturize.
- Test on a small area first if you have sensitive skin.
- Repeat 1-2 times per week for best results.
- Pair with an aluminum-free deodorant.
What does baking soda do?
Baking soda is a natural deodorizer and cleanser that helps absorb sweat and lift away dead skin cells and bacteria.
Why use apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar contains antibacterial properties that help kill odor-causing bacteria. Its acidic nature also helps remove residue.
How does lemon juice help?
Lemon juice contains skin-brightening vitamin C and citric acid which act as a gentle cleanser and exfoliant for soft, fresh underarms.
What are the benefits of coconut oil?
Coconut oil moisturizes, soothes irritation, and forms a protective layer to prevent bacteria growth after detoxing.
Can I do this while shaving?
Yes, you can apply the detox paste right before shaving to help soften hairs. Just be careful not to leave it on too long to avoid irritation.